Instructional Technology Solutions
June 2012 – Present
• Professional speaker with a strong background in Instructional Design and technology.
• Manage the development, editing, and publishing of stories (videos) to showcase the integration of Technology for learning.
• Produced over 200 videos to demonstrate, promote and curate topics of interest for educators.
• Exploit the power of social media networks seamlessly collaborating with a worldwide audience of over 10,000 followers.
• A naturally born technology translator with a knack for explaining technical concepts in plain English.
• Seamlessly capture the audience’s attention and help them integrate knowledge into their personal and professional lives.
• Deliver powerful and entrancing presentations to large audiences without using tricks or gimmicks.
• An expert storyteller who conveys any message as it relates to the learning need at hand.
Barton Community College
December 2009 – June 2012
• Multimedia Specialist for Distance Learning programs. Managed the coordination, development, acquisition, and integration of Instructional Technology (Multimedia Solutions) for BARTONline (eCourse, eCompanion, Hybrid) and any future platform in support of a Title III Part A Grant.
• Kickstarted several Pilot Projects to integrate the use of Adobe Connect, Blackboard Collaborate, Camtasia Studio, Dropbox, iSpring Pro, iPad Integration, iTunes MDM, Meetingburner, Pearson Learning Studio (eCollege), and TeamViewer throughout the institution.
• Instructional Technology coordinator responsible for the selection and implementation strategy of standardized software packages. Provided an optimum mix of new and future generation web tools; served as a faculty trainer for all college initiatives.
• Directly responsible for a 47% increase in the use of Instructional Technology among online learning faculty and staff throughout my tenure.
• Developed and managed TechSmith Screencast video streaming library of over 2,000 videos across 43 subjects for multiple disciplines.
• Reviewed the multimedia course improvement process for 131 online courses
• Managed campus-wide deployment and integration of the Softchalk course design platform. Facilitated a training program for 127 users. Deployed 33 SoftChalk courses in support of the Employee Training Program.
• Performed over 144 Professional Development synchronous training sessions in support of 96 online learning faculty members.
• Developed, managed and maintained 4 Multimedia Kits instrumental to the development of new online offerings and course improvement review process.